NT11 fly rods are the result of taking advantage of the very latest and most sophisticated SOA (State of Art) graphite materials used in the aerospace industry today.
When applied to and used in flyrods, some remarkable benefits are achieved. The most evident effect being an amazing recovery power and crispness in the blanks, created by combining the incredible armoring and strength increasing effects of T1100G graphite with layers of the highest modulus graphite we’ve ever used in any flyrods to date. For you as an angler, the above properties are built into a series of rods that have the lowest blank weight, yet the highest break strain of any other rod in our line up and probably also on the entire flyrod market.
You’ll find these rods to be easy to operate with their full flex medium/fast action and tips that are rigid but still sensitive enough to make them lively and fun to cast without having to focus on perfect casting stroke timing all the time. They load deeper and generate increasing amounts of power and line speed when you ask for it. While still maintaining impressive lifting power for sinking lines, this deeper, yet fast type of action will work for a wide range of casts, lines and casting styles. After many years of building premium, lightweight and strong 6-piece flyrods and knowing that no sacrifices are made in performance, strength, weight or balance, we find it only natural that this new range of rods also is multi-piece and transportable in your luggage when travelling. We have worked hard and deliberately to keep the value of these rods maximized without sacrificing quality in workmanship or components.
THE ROD MODELS
Identified by the comfortable medium/fast full flex, these three rods behave very well with overhead as well as Scandi- and Skagit-style casting. Designed mainly for shooting head type fishing but will also work well with shorter head WF lines, such as ULS and Bullet.
10’ #7 17-19 gr/260-290 grains
Probably the best performing 10’ #7 rod we’ve ever created! Comfortable with larger rivers and longer distance casting than the above version. It also manages wind and bigger flies with ease. Loves a 4D Compact Multi Tip #7/8 SH 19g and also casts super with the 3D Compact 17gr and 19gr Heads in various densities. For the angler that wants an integrated shooting line, the ULS WF Multi Tip in #7/8 (18gr) will be a great choice.
- T1100 CAP Technology gives uncompromised strength, performance and reliability.
- Every rod is fitted with beautiful FLOR-grade cork and on rear grips and fighting butts you’ll find powder cork reinforcement. FLOR is the top grade of cork with the highest density and strength that will stand years of usage and remain pretty.
- Titanium lightweight framed stripping guides. Highest quality stainless steel single leg running guides with titanium coating.
- The reel seats are custom designed by our own R&D team, having a hard anodized and very scratch resistant semi-matte finish.
- The blanks have a matte satin finish with deep carbon grey coating that gives the rods a stealthy, classy and non-flashy look.
- All guides are wrapped with dark grey thread and on all ferrules, stripper guides and logo areas they are finished with subtle blue trim wraps.
- Each rod is delivered with a light and strong rod bag made from 4-ways stretch nylon and rod tubes are made from light polycarbonate with a strong polyester fabric cover and a natural leather logo patch.
- 25-YEAR ORIGINAL OWNER WARRANTY. The NT11 fly rods comes with a 25-year original owner warranty. This warranty covers faults in material and/or workmanship. During the warranty period (from the date of purchase) you will be entitled to the repair or replacement (at our discretion) of damaged or defective sections of your rod. If the rod model is discontinued and/or we are unable to repair or replace a rod section, we will replace your rod with a comparable rod model (at our discretion).
C.A.P T1100 TECHNOLOGY
NT11 rods use an ultra-elastic 46T Low Resin Material which makes it possible to create feather-light blanks with a crisp feeling that greatly improves sensitivity. Layers of T1100 graphite with extremely high tensile- and compression strength are then added both on the inside and outside of the 46T material, creating an incredibly strong wall and foundation for unmatched performance, durability and reliability in the blanks. Together with this, we use a carbon-scrim material with a proprietary CAP (Complex Axial Pattern) with 0, 45, 90 and -45 degrees, Cross Construction structure. This produces a lightning-fast recovery speed, increases the casting distance and improves the compression strength. High-strength TORAYCA NANOALLOY®-resin reinforced graphite improves the toughness and increases durability in the rods.
Casting and fish-fighting cause countless amounts of flexing and unloading of the blank, the Nano-material prevents damage due to external shocks, internal stresses or fatigue. The material properties implemented into our NT11 blanks can be described with these simple words; EXTREME DURABILITY, LOW WEIGHT and UNMATCHED RECOVERY SPEED. Making a strong blank while making it extremely light is the ultimate goal of fishing rod development. But in a standard manufacturing process, a rod runs the risk of breaking too easily if it is light and with thin walls. It also often becomes too heavy if it is built to be strong enough. The properties and the performance in our NT11 rods are difficult to imitate by ordinary manufacturers as we use the best available materials together with the best available manufacturing- and reinforcement-technologies to achieve an ideal structure in the blanks.